• 4 cups cooked left-over rice
• ½ cup fresh or frozen green peas, cooked & drained
• ½ cup fresh or frozen corn, cooked & drained
• 2 eggs
• vegetable oil
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
• 1 spring onion, chopped
• 1 tsp salt
• a pinch of pepper
1. Warm or defrost rice briefly in microwave.
2. Cook peas and corn separately and drain well.
3. Break eggs into a bowl and stir.
4. Heat a frying pan over a high heat, add a small amount of oil. Add egg mixture to pan, stirring constantly. Transfer scrambled egg onto a plate.
5. Add more oil to pan, add garlic, carrot and spring onion and stir for 1 minute with wooden spoon.
6. Add green peas and corn, then warmed rice stirring continuously. Add scrambled egg.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir-fry for a minute.
• If you want a spicy version add 1 Tbsp of curry powder
• For a Tokyo-style fried rice add soy sauce instead of salt
• Other ingredients you can add to the fried rice include chopped ham or bacon, cooked chicken thigh or roasted duck.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!